Seventeen years ago, a woman who
has impacted me greatly was holding me tightly, but someone would be wrong if
they said it was my mother. Actually, that mother-like figure was my older
sister, Casey. Honestly, much of how I act and look up my encumbering problems
roots from the character of my older sister. Casey is a hilarious, smart, and
caring role model whom I never lose contact with. The person who has made an
impact on my life and influenced who I am today is my older sibling Casey
Jensen.
Life can hit anybody fast and hard,
and even when it happens to Casey, she can always find happiness. She has told
me about her childhood and the rough patches of it, but every time she started
to talk about it, there has always been a tone in her voice and just the
context of what she said that proved that Casey never let any of it get to her.
Casey’s car could break down and I would hear her, “Well, I was going to run
tonight, but now seemed like a good time too.” Her relaxed attitude has taught
me to take things lightly and think more about solving the issue than
complaining about it. Life is too short to be unhappy, and it’s too good to have
regrets. I have found this mentality to give me less stress.
The path of success set for ne by
sister has motivated me to be the best I can be. Throughout high school in
Texas, Casey never fell below an A. Then she got into college and is one of the
best teachers and every one of her kids loves her. Now, I cannot let her be the
only one with that success. Although, I have let the grades slip underneath 90%
a few times in high school, I still have the motivation to achieve in academics.
As for college, I plan on graduating with a degree in Business Administration
and taking care of my entire family financially. These are the goals I have set
for myself because of my sister.
When my sister comes to town, that’s
when some fun begins. Casey is very organized; she has a calendar that is
narrowed down every detail of her agenda. But that means she usually has
everything planned on some epic time of joy for my brothers and I.
Putt-Putting, Magic Mountain, movies, hiking, and making Christmas cookies.
Then, my brothers and I are treated like kings when treated to some lunch and
dinner. Gifts come often and the ones from Casey always are so thoughtful. The “Best
Babysitter of the World,” award would go to Casey Jensen.
The person who has made a great
impact on my character has been my hilarious sister, Casey. Even though Casey
cannot visit us often, living in Austin, Texas and all, she still is a huge
part of my life as well as her husband, Evan. Caleb Michael Jensen is due
February, 16th, 2012 and I plan to be the “Casey,” in my nephew’s
life.
No comments:
Post a Comment